The Wafflemat foundation system is a void-form shallow foundation that offers many benefits when comparing with a traditional foundation design. Here are five key advantages of the Wafflemat foundation system:
- Faster installation: The Wafflemat foundation system is designed to be quick and easy to install, which can save a significant amount of time and labor costs especially on large projects.
- Greater stability: Wafflemat foundations offer a stiffer cross-section (greater moment of inertia value) with their unique waffle-like design. This configuration allows for a more rigid design with an efficient placement of concrete and lower concrete yields.
- Increased energy efficiency: The Wafflemat foundation system allows for additional insulation to be placed in the void for an energy efficient slab. This can help to keep a building warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, which can help to reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Greater versatility: Waffleboxes are customized and arranged in a grid system that will sustain the interior load demands based on the framing of the building; for example, the customized foundation design will provide adequate support for the interior load bearing walls, column point loads, and mechanical equipment by rearranging the Wafflemat grid layout.
- Cost-effective: The Wafflemat foundation system is designed to be cost-effective, because it allows for a faster installation and a reduction in materials. This can help to save money on scheduling delays, labor and material costs, making it a great choice for builders on a budget.
Wafflemat foundations offer a more affordable option, are easy to assemble, and efficient in its structural design. Wafflemat foundations offer an alternative and economical solution for residential, multi-family and light industrial projects. The unique design of the Wafflemat foundation system makes it an ideal choice for any project looking for a stiff, efficient, and cost-effective foundation solution.